Tuesday, February 26, 2008

More details about Joe's feedback

Hello everyone!

Please read asap.

I was able to meet with Joe last night to discuss the feedback he has gotten from customers about our mural designs. Similar to my email to you all on Friday morning, he says people find the murals too realistic and busy. He feels as though he asked us to include a million elements and that is why they have come out busier than desired. He wants to remind us that we are on our way to something and that what you have done so far is very good, but needs tweaking. I agree.

I have been checking the blog to see what work has been done so far this week and I know it is difficult to work this way especially when Joe came back with a majority of his comments after out class meeting with him. But, these are how things go.

The words for the week are: SIMPLIFY and DECO/AZTEC.

We need to take what we have done and push it into more of a Deco/Aztec style with geometric flair and lessen the realism.

Nicole posted border designs that are more in sync with the architecture. Make sure you check them out. I will bring a bunch of printed copies of those borders to class on Thurs.

Jake has been redrawing and coming up with some new lay-outs. I really like the new dancing pair on the bottom and would love to see these drawn/colored in more of an Art deco style. The new band guys are great and more stylized but still too busy, I am afraid. I think we should work with this image:



There could be some great Deco lines made by the floor lighting. I would like to see some of Sarah's musicians added into this scene.

I asked Ed to submit some Art Deco images and really simplify the backgrounds in the panels. I WOULD LIKE EVERYONE TO BRING COLOR ART DECO or AZTEC IMAGERY TO CLASS ON THURSDAY- grab some books from the library and mark pages that have similar imagery to our murals.

If you didn't read my email on Friday, the Gesso team is now available to help the Color and Design teams. I have a revised plan for gessoing that will be quicker and we can do as a class.

Greg and Carol: Would you bring imagery of famous black and white movie scenes to Thursday's class? I will email back the same of the movies Joe mentioned. I would look for scenes that were simple and included a woman.

Ok, everyone. Keep working hard. Thursday's class with be another big cut-n-paste drawing and coloring session, so bring whatever supplies you like to use as well as everything you have drawn for the mural up to this point.

Thanks!
Elissa

No comments: