Tuesday, February 5, 2008

images that excite me


Oh man dude, look at this guy, he's SERIOUS... This is an image of a mariachi band, just from Wikipedia, playing the Guadalajara festival. The guy front and center just KNOWS it.


















One of the mandates of Joe was that the image had to be sexy and seductive. There's nothing saying that that means only women. Mariachi music is obviously very passionate and I think it's important to convey that. I can only begin to try to capture that dude's personality, his gesture, his expression... damn, I'm not that cool.

Also, flanking him with two other musicians (with scale shifts) I thought pushed him to the forefront and allowed for contrast and variety.















This image was labeled "Armida, Don Terry 1930." I have yet to find out what film it is from (if you know, please tell me). This image will be part of the basis for the "film" figures -- the idea is for the background to feature the artisans working, the boom mic, the cinematography, all that.
Again, very sensual and alluring.


We couldn't see any place for this image (top view, dancers bodies are blurred), but it's still a cool picture.









For the dance image, we thought that Jake's take on a John Singer Sargeant image / Mexican dress and hairstyle and patterning / Allegra's images of dancers would be really awesome.


For the fiesta / party image, we were talking about making an image of children with a pinata.

Also, I'll be performing poetry with 5 other poets this weekend at the Parkway. yikes! first time reading. 21+. Sat., Feb. 9 at 10PM.

1 comment:

Sarah Gail Hedlund said...

hey guys don't know how to add my self help me out?
sarah