Tuesday, February 26, 2008




Here is the final sketch for the frames. Don, the top-notch shop tech, suggested wood instead of metal since it would cost more and be REALLY heavy. The only areas we need metal are for the corners and the middle, since we plan to take the frames apart after every painting session. I called Stuart Lumber and Discount steal. The price for the wood is $216.50 for twenty four pieces of two by eights, and each piece of metal is $12. We thought we needed twenty four pieces, but Discount Steel sells each piece by the foot. I'll ask Don exactly how much we need since we might end up buying more metal than we need. Either way, It wouldn't hurt to buy a few extra materials just in case we mess up during the first try. I can't wait to start making these frames! Ok, goodnight.

2 comments:

elissa said...

Hi Vicky!

Thanks for looking into this. I have an idea where we would only have to make two of these frames but we will still be able to paint all four murals simultaneously. I'll tell you more about it. If you'd like to stop by Jefferson Wed. afternoon from 4-5:30 you can hang out with my Club de Arte and I can tell you my ideas.

Your plan sounds good though. Do you think you would be able to build it? Could you and Ashley get together a budget and supply list for 2 frames?

vikstir. said...

I'll get on it as soon as I can.

It'll be a challenge to build the frames, but it seems like fun.